Governance & Committees
Governance Council Meetings for the 2022/2023 School Year
Meetings will begin at 3:00 PM via Zoom
Location: Parent Center at 2:45 PM or via Zoom at 3:00 PM
Committee Meetings for the 2022/2023 School Year
Time: 1:45 PM
Beckford Charter for Enriched Studies
Room 3 or Zoom
I. Welcome/Sign In/ Roll Call
II. Flag Salute
III. Public Comment- Anyone who wishes to approach the council or raise an issue may do so during this portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 3 minutes per speaker.
IV. Approval of Minutes
V. PTA Updates
VI. Principal’s Update
a. The Great Shake Out Debrief
b. Attendance Visits and Updates
c. Instructional Rounds
d. Wood Craft Rangers Update
e. OEHS Visit 10/23/23
f. Ram’s Visit Debrief
g. Update on:
i. Outdoor Classrooms
h. LCAP Update
i. Salary Reconciliation
ii. Positions for Next Year
VII. New Business and Announcements
a. Mandated District Training-
i. Students and Parents
ii. Substance Use Awareness/Fentanyl
VIII. Committee Report
a. Character and Discipline
IX. Agenda Recommendations
XI. Next Meeting-December 14, 2023
*Requests for disability related modifications or accommodations shall be made 24 hours prior to the meeting by calling Stella Vigodnier at (818) 360-1924.
Time: May 18, 2023 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 493 390 8467
Beckford Charter for Enriched Studies
Virtual Governance Meeting
April 20, 2023
WELCOME/CALL TO ORDER/ROLL CALL
Meeting Called to Order by Mrs. Brower at 3:01pm
There were 10 voting members present.
Shelly Brower, Principal, Executive Committee Representative
Darlin Setoudeh, Secretary, Parent Representative, PTA Representative
Stella Vigodnier, School Administrative Assistant
Sandra Paris, Teacher Representative 2-3, Chairperson
Olivia Hackett, Teacher Representative 2-3, UTLA Representative
Brendan Wolfe- Parliamentarian
Laura Pedersen, Teacher Representative 2-3, Vice Chairperson,
Natalie Realegeno - Teacher Representative 4-5
Jenny Hyoung- Representative
Kira Marsh – Parent Representative
Jessica Visitisomsuk - Parent Representative
Nadia Lew – Parent Representative
Jenna Hook - Parent Representative
Ngan Mork- Parent Representative, Executive Committee Representative
Minutes approved: Laura Pedersen, moved to approve of last meeting’s minutes February 23rd, 2023.
No nays or abstentions 2nd by Natalie Realegeno
PTA UPDATE – Darlin Setoudeh
A summary of past and current PTA events was given by Darlin Setoudeh
- Family Fun Day – Saturday, April 15th
- Walk a Thon – Thursday, April 20th
- Take a Seat- Raising funds for new auditorium seats.
- Jaxx – April 28th @ 7pm & 29th@ 2pm.
- Teacher Appreciation – May 8th-12th
- Setting up Movie/Popcorn Parties for Bell Fund/Membership
- Restaurant Nights-
- CPK – Wednesday, April 19th all day
- Spirit Days –
- Friday 4/21 – Twin Day
Mrs. Brower, Principal, gave a summary of new affairs at Beckford.
- SBAC –
- 5th – May 2nd to May 26th - Makeups on Fridays
- 3rd & 4th grade May 15th – Makeups- Friday
- Looking at Dibels, it shows the growth Kinder made is amazing.
- Most kids show a growth if we didn’t see a growth, we offer intervention.
- Just finished 2-5th – K-1st just started for the next 6 weeks.
- Also offering Amplify for K-1, Wed-Friday.
- Paris/Pedersen on Fridays are offering extended math through Eureka Math. Brining math to life and how it makes sense in the real world.
- Waiting for the umbrellas missing 6
- Working with Enriched LA
- Creating 2 areas in big yard and another kinder yard.
- Quoted $40k for the 2 sites. Will start 1st week of September. It will take 1 week to complete.
- LAUSD offering misters for all schools.
- Art Grant-
- We received a 92k grant targeted for specific arts like field trips, supplies etc. does not include services.
- Using this to pay for all of the school buses for our field trips. This will free up some money for PTA as well.
- Looking to a Kiln, new or used?
- Deadline to use this grant is June 2nd. We will receive the grant again next year.
COMMITTEE REPORTS – NO meetings this month due to Strike
- Character and Disciplines -
- Safety –
- Technology –
Agenda Recommendation for April meeting? None –
No requests for disability related modifications for anyone attending this virtual meeting.
MOTION TO ADJOURN
A motion was made to adjourn by Shelly Brower at 3:32 pm. Motion carried.
***Next meeting May 18th at 3pm via zoom-
Minutes respectfully submitted by Darlin Setoudeh, Secretary 05/17/2023